October 29, 2014
Andrea Kent Appointed CRFA President
Canada’s Leading Advocate for Renewable Fuels Announces New Leadership
OTTAWA – October 30, 2014: The Board of Directors of the Canadian Renewable Fuels Association (CRFA), today announced the appointment of Andrea Kent as its President.
"We are extremely pleased that Andrea is growing her role within the CRFA and has accepted this new challenge," said Scott Lewis, Chairman of the Board of the CRFA. “Andrea has been an instrumental part of our team over the last several years and her vast knowledge of our industry will serve our membership well. I look forward to Andrea's leadership helping us ensure that Canada’s renewable fuels industry continues to grow and flourish.”
As President, Ms. Kent will act as the principal representative for renewable fuels in Canada, as well as the main national media industry spokesperson.
Prior to her appointment as CRFA President, Andrea Kent held several senior roles in communications, media relations and issues management, including Vice President of Communications at the CRFA. Andrea brings with her almost a decade of leadership experience in numerous federal departments and crown corporations.
Ms. Kent’s appointment follows the recent departure of W. Scott Thurlow. "We thank Scott for his service and dedication to the renewable fuels sector in Canada,” said Mr. Lewis, “We wish him every success as he embarks on the next stage of his career.”
About the CRFA
Founded in 1984, the Canadian Renewable Fuels Association (CRFA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of value added products made from renewable resources through consumer awareness and government liaison activities.
- ANDREA KENT APPOINTED CRFA PRESIDENT - October 30, 2014
- W. SCOTT THURLOW ANNOUNCES DEPARTURE FROM CRFA - October 29, 2014
- CRFA MEMBER BRINGS E30 ETHANOL TO NIAGARA REGION - October 16, 2014
- CRFA MEMBER FIRST TO BRING E85 ETHANOL TO WESTERN CANADA - August 8, 2014
- CANADIAN BIOECONOMY CONFERENCE ANNOUNCES 2014 AGENDA - July 24, 2014
- DEBUNKING THE MYTHS: A FACTUAL REPORT ON CANADIAN BIOFUELS - June, 26, 2014
- ASTHMA SOCIETY OF CANADA SAYS BIODIESEL A KEY TO CLEANER AIR - June 10, 2014
- CRFA WELCOMES INAUGURATION OF WORLD'S FIRST FULL-SCALE WASTE-TO-BIOFUELS FACILITY - June 4, 2014
- CRFA NAMES CHEVROLET CRUZE AS RENEWABLE FUEL VEHICLE OF THE YEAR - April 9, 2014
- CANADA'S LEADING ADVOCATE FOR RENEWABLE FUELS UNVEILS NEW ACTION PLAN - April 8, 2014
- LE GRAND DÉFENSEUR DES CARBURANTS RENOUVELABLES DU CANADA DÉVOILE SON NUVEAU PLAN D'ACTION - April 8, 2014
- CANADA'S RENEWABLE FUELS ASSOCIATION WELCOMES GREENER DIESEL REQUIREMENT IN ONTARIO - April 3, 2014