August 8, 2014
CRFA Member First to Bring E85 Ethanol to Western Canada
Arcade Station Opens as First and Only Gas Station in Western Canada to sell E85 Ethanol Fuel
The Canadian Renewable Fuels Association (CRFA) congratulates Arcade Station, Western Canada’s only gas station selling E85 Ethanol fuel, on its opening in Vancouver.
Located at 4370 Marine Drive in West Vancouver, Arcade Station sells Regular and Diesel fuel in addition to E85, which is a blend of 85 per cent ethanol and 15 per cent petroleum fuel.
“Canadian consumers need and deserve more choices at the fuel pump,” said CRFA President W. Scott Thurlow. “There is no cheaper and cleaner source of octane than ethanol. High ethanol blends of gasoline, like E85, deliver the increased level of octane required to drive the smaller, high-performance engines consumers want while reducing harmful tailpipe emissions from our air.”
Ethanol is proven to reduce harmful greenhouse gases (GHGs) by up to 62 per cent compared to fossil fuels and makes meaningful reductions to tailpipe emissions, smog-forming particulates, and carbon monoxide. Ethanol also has a blending octane rating of 113, making higher-level ethanol blends ideal for fueling high performance vehicles and helping automakers comply with federal CAFÉ regulations, which will require much stricter fuel economy and emissions requirements beginning in 2017.
“Vancouver is home to a large and proud group of car enthusiasts who have, or are interested in, converting their vehicles to FlexFuel for the performance and environmental benefits,” says Amir Nazary, Vice President of Engineering for Arcade Station. “Until now, owners with FlexFuel modified vehicles drove to Marysville, north of Seattle, Washington, to purchase E85, so the level of enthusiasm for Arcade Station and our E85 is tremendous.”
Fuelling infrastructure turnover requires significant time to build out properly. For this reason, CRFA recommends that governments encourage existing pump turnover and new market entrants by providing tax incentives – through either a direct tax credit or capital cost allowance depreciation – to those individuals who want to offer consumers these alternative fuels.
About the Canadian Renewable Fuels Association
Founded in 1984, the Canadian Renewable Fuels Association (CRFA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of value added products made from renewable resources through consumer awareness and government liaison activities.
About Arcade Station
Arcade Station is a specialty gas station selling Regular, Diesel and E85 fuel. The only station in Western Canada to sell E85, Arcade Station is focused on providing full service for self-serve prices, while offering unique fuel options for car enthusiasts and environmentally conscious vehicle owners.
For additional information, please contact:
Andrea Kent, Vice President, Communications
Canadian Renewable Fuels Association
613-594-5528 ext. 221
Conal Campbell, Vice President of Business Development
- CRFA MEMBER FIRST TO BRING E85 ETHANOL TO WESTERN CANADA - August 8, 2014
- CANADIAN BIOECONOMY CONFERENCE ANNOUNCES 2014 AGENDA - July 24, 2014
- DEBUNKING THE MYTHS: A FACTUAL REPORT ON CANADIAN BIOFUELS - June, 26, 2014
- ASTHMA SOCIETY OF CANADA SAYS BIODIESEL A KEY TO CLEANER AIR - June 10, 2014
- CRFA WELCOMES INAUGURATION OF WORLD'S FIRST FULL-SCALE WASTE-TO-BIOFUELS FACILITY - June 4, 2014
- CRFA NAMES CHEVROLET CRUZE AS RENEWABLE FUEL VEHICLE OF THE YEAR - April 9, 2014
- CANADA'S LEADING ADVOCATE FOR RENEWABLE FUELS UNVEILS NEW ACTION PLAN - April 8, 2014
- LE GRAND DÉFENSEUR DES CARBURANTS RENOUVELABLES DU CANADA DÉVOILE SON NUVEAU PLAN D'ACTION - April 8, 2014
- CANADA'S RENEWABLE FUELS ASSOCIATION WELCOMES GREENER DIESEL REQUIREMENT IN ONTARIO - April 3, 2014